This post lists many of my recent changes to the Fedora Badges stack.
- Database connection is all rewired.
- Tahrir now connects to the database through Tahrir API's TahrirDatabase wrapper rather than directly to the database engine like Tahrir API does.
- Threebean created plenty of YAML badge definitions based on the
contents of my badges repo, all located in
the Fedora Infra badges repo.
- Badges will be awarded automatically based on these YAML files.
- Preparation for staging and production resources are moving along.
- Jenn has made plenty of art assets.
- Closed various issues.
- Threebean is chugging along on the backend.
- Started rebuilding admin panel.
- Purged tw2 from the project entirely.
- Now pulls secret keys and whatnot from a secrets.ini file.
- Pushed a secrets.ini.example file for folks to create their own secrets.ini file.
- Various front-end improvements.
- Improvements to user and badge views.
- Allow user lookup by nickname.
- Authentication policy now uses sha512 rather than md5, as per a recent Pyramid deprecation.
- GitHub ribbon now takes up proper space and is entirely CSS.
- Various cleanup commits, including two routing-related tweaks from lmacken.
- An initial iteration of a builder view that allows the real-time generation of a badge YAML file with HTML5 forms and jQuery.
- Additions to TahrirDatabase class.
- Threebean pushed a new version to PyPI, though more changes have already been made. Another release is in the making.
- Will soon be shipped with its Alembic scripts.
Please, send your questions and comments in a plain text email to oddshocks at riseup dot net. I may respond publicly, so please tell me if you would not like the email content and/or your name published.